The fall season is the ideal time of year to repair or replace your roof. After the storms of summer and before the freezing temperatures in winter, autumn offers a great climate for roof installation to prepare your home for the unpredictable winter weather in Texas.
Be sure to book your free inspection in advance, because homeowners are catching on to the fact that September through November is the ideal season for replacing your roof.
Here are 6 reasons why.
- ) High pressure winds, hail, and even heavy rain can take a toll on your roof… especially when it’s near the end of its expected lifespan. It’s a good idea to have your roof inspected at the end of summer, as well as immediately after a severe storm. Taking care of problems promptly is a smart way to prevent bigger problems down the road.
- ) Fall has the ideal weather conditions for replacing your roof. Roofing is best installed on a clear day when the temperature is above 50 degrees (farenheit). This allows the shingles’ seal strips to melt and adhere properly due to the ambient warmth, a process known as thermal sealing. And speaking from experience, your roofer will be able to work better when it’s not excessively hot. 😉
- ) It’s crucial that roof shingles are properly sealed before winter comes along. This will allow them to form an airtight, moisture-resistant barrier against freezing temperatures. They will also be less likely to be blown away by high pressure winds and precipitation in the winter.
- ) As the air grows colder in the winter, shingles tend to become brittle and more difficult to work with. Manufacturers typically recommend installation of their shingles at temperatures above 30 degrees. It is much easier to break a cold, brittle shingle when fastening it in place, which means that your roofer would need to resort to hand nailing to take the place of roofing guns. This can make the job much more complicated and time consuming.
- ) Once winter storms start up, any existing small holes or leaks will likely get worse. Combine this with the impact of a snow or hail storm, and you’ve got a recipe for a cold, wet disaster.
- ) Replace your roof in the fall to save on heating bills and keep your family warm in winter. If your HVAC system is located in the attic, a new roof will help it operate at peak effectiveness… which will help save money on heat and gas over the winter.
While HammerHead Roof would be honored to serve you and your home ANY time of the year, we highly recommend getting an inspection at the peak time… which is within the months of September-November. Right now!